This recipe falls into the 'working mom's' category. It also happens to be the only way that Bianka can get her kids to eat broccoli! So with all the braai-time now part of the Rugby World Cup, be sure to try out this recipe, which makes for a great side dish.
- Prep - 10 min
- Ready - 45 min
- 6 servings
- 7 cups broccoli (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 200g cheddar cheese (grated or diced)
- 1/3 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (toasted optional)
- 1/3 cup green/yellow/red pepper (diced small)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Nola Ultra Thick)
- Heydenrychs Bacon Chips 200g (available here)
- Heydenrychs Shoulder / Sandwich Ham 125g (available here)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp oil
- Fry the bacon chips in oil until cooked.
- Cut up / dice the sandwich ham.
- Cube (or grate) the cheese.
- Rinse the broccoli and cut into small bite-sized pieces (with the stems removed).
- Add the broccoli and dry ingredients (ham, bacon, cheese, green/yellow/red pepper, cranberries, sunflower seeds) to a salad bowl.
- Mix the sugar with the mayonnaise and add to the salad (add more if needed).
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- When everything is mixed in well, place in fridge for 30 min before serving.
Bacon Chips 200g (available online).
Sandwich Ham 125g (available online).
Enjoy 10% OFF our Bacon Chips 200g and Sandwich Ham 125g for this recipe, simply use discount code 'Broccoli' at checkout. Offer ends 31 October 2019.