This is an impressive pork fillet dinner that's really easy to make! Pork fillet, also known as the tenderloin, is the eye of the fillet that comes from within the loin. This meat is extremely lean and tender.
- Prep - 10 min
- Cook - 45 min
- Ready In - 55 min
- 4 servings
- 1 kg orange sweet potatoes (or butternut), cut into 1.5cm chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided)
- 600 g pork fillet (available here in the online store)
- 1/4 cup barbeque sauce (Jimmy's sauce will also do) ~ optional
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced ~ optional
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Salt and pepper
- On a large rimmed baking tray, toss 1 kg orange sweet potatoes (or butternut), cut into 1.5cm chunks, with 1 Tbsp olive oil and 1/4 tsp salt. Roast at 230°C for 30 minutes.
- In a deep 30cm frying pan, heat 1 Tbsp olive oil on medium high. Season pork fillet (600 g) with 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Brown pork on all sides; transfer to baking tray with potatoes. Brush pork with 1/4 cup barbeque sauce; roast for 16 minutes or until cooked through.
- To the same frying pan on medium, add 1/2 medium head red cabbage, thinly sliced; 4 spring onions, thinly sliced; 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced; and 1/2 tsp salt. Cook for 12 minutes or until cabbage is tender, stirring. Stir in 1/4 cup cider vinegar.
- Serve pork with potatoes and cabbage.
Nutritional information (per serving): About 450 calories, 34 g protein, 52 g carbs, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 g fiber, 910 mg sodium.