As the cold sets in, here's a simple, comforting beef stew recipe to keep you warm all winter. Grab some crusty bread, a big spoon and dig into this hearty, satisfying meal.
- Prep - 20 min
- Cook - 2 hours
- Ready In - 2 h 20 m
- 6 servings
- 600g beef stew (available in the online store)
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 beef bouillon/stock cubes, crumbled
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp cold water
- In a large casserole dish or poitjie pot, cook beef in oil over medium heat until brown. Dissolve bouillon/stock cube in water and pour into pot. Stir in rosemary, parsley and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir potatoes, carrots, celery, and onion into the pot. Dissolve cornstarch in 2 teaspoons cold water and stir into stew. Cover and simmer 1 hour more.
Beef Stew 600g (available from the online store)